Enjoy a unique and historic cellar door experience at Penny's Hill, McLaren Vale.
In this ever-changing environment and time of uncertainty, we're taking all necessary measures as advised by the state and federal health bodies to keep both our customers and staff safe at Penny's Hill.
In line with the recent easing of restrictions, our cellar door will be open for seated tastings and sales every weekend, 10am-5pm. 'Flights' gin bar is open 12-5pm Saturday and Sunday afternoons. All government health and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your safety.
Alternatively our full range is available online here Buy Wine, as usual.
On the Main Road between Willunga and McLaren Vale, the Penny’s Hill Cellar Door is located at ‘Ingleburne’ a landmark estate noted for its historic Georgian two-storey farmhouse, stables and out buildings, stone walls and open paddock spaces.
Within the Penny’s Hill complex, buildings both old and new house a range of different experiences for you to explore:
- Taste premium Penny's Hill estate wines in the expert hands of our friendly and enthusiastic staff in the Cellar Door
- Gather a group of friends and try your hand at bocce while you enjoy our premium wines
- Relax with a MadMen gin and tonic on the lawns outside the original Carriage House, home to the new Flights Gin Bar
- Browse the Red Dot Gallery’s curated works by local artist, Gail Kellet
- Soak up the farmyard charm outdoors; chat with the chooks or gaze over our flock of gently grazing, black-faced Suffolk sheep
Penny’s Hill Cellar Door offers a wide range of tasting experiences;
- Sample the best of Penny’s Hill: from estate grown, award winning McLaren Vale reds to premium Adelaide Hills whites
- Be sure to ask about our Cellar Door exclusive wines
- Our friendly & knowledgeable staff are always happy to recommend other great local attractions to ensure you enjoy the very best of the McLaren Vale region
- Fully airconditioned in summer and cosy wood fire in winter
Cellar Door Tasting
Join us for a hosted, informative tasting seated in the cellar door;
- 1-7 guests: $5 per person tasting fee, redeemable with purchase, bookings recommended to ensure a table is available for you
- 8 + guests: $10 per head, redeemable with purchase, bookings essential
- no charge for Club88 members and their guests
Cellar Door: Open Saturday - Sunday: 10am to 5pm for seated tastings
Open 7 days per week for wine by the glass or bottle and gin sales
Closed Christmas Day & Good Friday.
Ph: 08 8557 0800 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keys to the Cellar Tasting
A hosted tour of the historic Ingleburne grounds and private tasting of Penny's Hill wines in the original Ingleburne cottage;
- Taste 6 premium Penny's Hill wines including museum and current release
- Discover the stories of single vineyard & estate grown wines
- The utimate private tasting for a special occasion or for wine enthusiasts
Keys to the Cellar Tasting: $45 per person. Minimum of 2 people, maximum of 6. Currently available on Thurdays and Fridays.
Bookings essential: 08 8557 0800. E: email@example.com
Group tastings - Bottle & Bocce
Penny’s Hill offers group tastings with a difference. To book your tasting or find out more information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 08 8557 0800.
Bottle & Bocce Group Tasting Experience - $15 per person:
- A generous selection of cellar door favourites from Penny's Hill, The Black Chook & Thomas Goss
- Collect your Bocce set and enjoy a relaxing game on the lawns while you taste
- BBQ Inn undercover area reserved for your group - complete with open fire in winter time.
For $15 per person you receive:
- Premium wines ready on arrival
- Bocce ground reserved, plus bocce sets & playing instructions
- Bluetooth speaker to play your own tunes (not available currently due to Covid-19)
- Exclusive use of the undercover BBQ Inn area
Bookings essential. Please email: email@example.com or ph: 08 8557 0800.
Red Dot Gallery
The distinctive red dot, derived from art gallery ‘sold’ stickers, is the Penny's Hill trademark, symbolising the art of winemaking as well as our passion for the work of local artists. With connotations of art culture at the centre of our brand, it seemed logical, and almost necessary, to include a gallery space at Penny's Hill.
The Red Dot Gallery spans the foyer and cellar door, through to The Kitchen Door restaurant. We invite browsing of the constantly changing works of art; a perfect accompaniment to our fine wine and food offering.
The current exhibition is by Gail Kellett, local McLaren Vale artist. Gail's original hand painted lino cut artwork reflect the diversity of the region in which she lives - rural and urban landscape, native flora and agricultural machinery.
The Kitchen Door Restaurant
Unfortunately due to Covid-19, The Kitchen Door restaurant has closed until further notice.