Enjoy a unique and historic cellar door experience at Penny's Hill, McLaren Vale.
On the Main Road between Willunga and McLaren Vale, the Penny’s Hill Cellar Door is located at ‘Ingleburne’ a landmark estate noted for its historic Georgian two-storey farmhouse, stables and out buildings, stone walls and open paddock spaces.
Within the Penny’s Hill complex, explore the expansive contemporary venue which houses the Cellar Door & The Kitchen Door Restaurant, where a host of experiences await you:
- Taste premium Penny's Hill estate wines in the expert hands of our friendly and enthusiastic staff
- Enjoy the flavours created by Chef Tom Boden over a relaxed long lunch
- Gather a group of friends and try your hand at bocce or relax by the outdoor fireplace
- Browse the Red Dot Gallery’s curated and constantly changing works by local artists
- Soak up the farmyard charm outdoors
- Embrace the ambience, chat with the chooks or gaze over our flock of gently grazing, black-faced Suffolk sheep.
Penny’s Hill Cellar Door offers a wide range of tasting experiences
- Sample the best of Penny’s Hill: from estate grown, award winning McLaren Vale reds to premium Adelaide Hills whites
- Taste the full range including The Black Chook and Thomas Goss wines
- Be sure to ask about our Cellar Door exclusive wines
- Our friendly & knowledgeable staff are always happy to recommend other great local attractions to ensure you enjoy the very best of the McLaren Vale region
- Coffee, soft drinks, and a range of boutique beers also available to purchase
Cellar Door Tasting
Join us for a hosted, informative tasting at the cellar door bench with our compliments
- 1-7 guests: $5 per person tasting fee, redeemable with purchase, no bookings required
- 8 + guests: see group booking options below
Cellar Door: Open Monday - Saturday, 10am to 5pm ; Sunday & Public Holidays, 11am to 5pm
Closed Christmas Day & Good Friday.
Ph: 08 8557 0800 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keys to the Cellar Tasting
A hosted tour of the historic Ingleburne grounds and private tasting of Penny's Hill wines
- Taste 6 premium Penny's Hill wines in the original cellar of Ingleburne homestead
- Discover the stories of single vineyard & estate grown wines
- The utimate private tasting for a special occasion or for wine enthusiasts.
Keys to the Cellar Tasting: $35 per person. Min 2 People.
Bookings required: 08 8557 0800. E: email@example.com
Group tastings - Bottle & Bocce
Penny’s Hill offers Group Tastings with a difference. To book your tasting or find out more information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 08 8557 0800.
Bottle & Bocce Group Tasting Experience - $15 per person:
- A generous selection of cellar door favourites from Penny's Hill, The Black Chook & Thomas Goss
- Collect your Bocce set and enjoy a relaxing game on the lawns while you taste
- And if the weather isn't favourable, switch to the 'Bottle & Board Game' experience, held in our BBQ Inn area - complete with open fire in winter time.
For $15 per person you receive:
- A hamper of premium wines ready on arrival
- Bocce ground reserved, plus bocce sets & playing instructions
- Bluetooth speaker to play your own tunes
- Picnic blankets
- Wet weather option: BBQ Inn area with fireplace & board games.
Bookings essential. Please email: email@example.com or ph: 08 8557 0800.
Red Dot Gallery
The distinctive red dot, derived from art gallery ‘sold’ stickers, is the Penny's Hill trademark, symbolising the art of winemaking as well as our passion for the work of local artists. With connotations of art culture at the centre of our brand, it seemed logical, and almost necessary, to include a gallery space at Penny's Hill.
The Red Dot Gallery spans the foyer and cellar door, through to The Kitchen Door restaurant. We invite browsing of the constantly changing works of art; a perfect accompaniment to our fine wine and food offering.
The current exhibition is by Gail Kellett, local McLaren Vale artist. Gail's original hand painted lino cut artwork reflect the diversity of the region in which she lives - rural and urban landscape, native flora and agricultural machinery.
The Kitchen Door Restaurant
Celebrating artisan food producers of the region, The Kitchen Door offers a relaxed, indulgent experience for locals and visitors alike.
Executive Chef Tom Boden has been the recipient of Two Forks in the Advertiser Food Awards and two consecutive Hats from the Australian Good Food Guide. Chef Tom’s philosophy revolves around the creation of balanced dishes - presenting classic cooking in a contemporary style.
The Kitchen Door team offer an ever-changing, inspired menu matched with award winning wines from Penny’s Hill. Open for Lunch 7 Days.