Enjoy a unique and historic cellar door experience at Penny's Hill, McLaren Vale.
In this ever-changing environment and time of uncertainty, we're taking all necessary measures as advised by the state and federal health bodies to keep both our customers and staff safe at Penny's Hill.
Our Cellar Door is open for tastings 7 days a week, 10am-5pm. (bookings required for groups 6+)
'Flights' gin bar is open 12-5pm Saturday and Sunday afternoons. (bookings required for groups 6+)
All government health and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your safety.
Alternatively our full range is available online here Buy Wine, as usual.
On the Main Road between Willunga and McLaren Vale, the Penny’s Hill Cellar Door is located at ‘Ingleburne’ a landmark estate noted for its historic Georgian two-storey farmhouse, stables and out buildings, stone walls and open paddock spaces.
Within the Penny’s Hill complex, buildings both old and new house a range of different experiences for you to explore:
- Taste premium Penny's Hill estate wines in the expert hands of our friendly and enthusiastic staff in the Cellar Door
- Gather a group of friends and try your hand at bocce while you enjoy our premium wines
- Relax with a MadMen gin and tonic on the lawns outside the original Carriage House, home to the new Flights Gin Bar
- Browse the Red Dot Gallery’s curated works by local artist, Gail Kellet
- Soak up the farmyard charm outdoors; chat with the chooks or gaze over our flock of gently grazing, black-faced Suffolk sheep
Penny’s Hill Cellar Door offers a wide range of tasting experiences;
- Sample the best of Penny’s Hill: from estate grown, award winning McLaren Vale reds and premium Adelaide Hills whites
- Be sure to ask about our Cellar Door exclusive wines
- Our friendly & knowledgeable staff are always happy to recommend other great local attractions to ensure you enjoy the very best of the McLaren Vale region
- Fully airconditioned in summer and cosy wood fire in winter
Cellar Door Tasting
Join us for a hosted, informative tasting through the Penny's Hill wines with our friendly staff in the cellar door;
- 1-5 guests: $10 per person tasting fee, $5 redeemable with purchase, bookings recommended
- 6 + guests: $10 per head tasting fee, $5 redeemable with purchase, bookings essential
- No charge for Club88 members and their guests
*please note a Cellar Door booking is not inclusive of a gin tasting/flight.
Cellar Door: Open 7 days : 10am to 5pm for seated tastings
Wine and Gin bottle sales available every day
('Flights' Gin Bar open Sat-Sun 12-5pm)
Closed Christmas Day / Boxing Day / New years Day / Good Friday
Ph: 08 8557 0800 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Group tastings - Bottle & Bocce
Bottle & Bocce Group Booking - $10 per person : minimum 12 guests
- A selection of Cellar Door favourites from Penny's Hill, The Black Chook & Thomas Goss wines.
- Collect your Bocce Balls and enjoy a relaxing game while you savour your wine.
For $10 per person you receive:
- Glass of wine on arrival per person.
- Bocce Ball set to play for the duration of your visit (additional games available upon request).
- Bluetooth speaker to play your own tunes if required.
- Reserved space for your group (picnic blankets available)
*please note group bookings are not inclusive of gin tasting/flights.
Red Dot Gallery
The distinctive red dot, derived from art gallery ‘sold’ stickers, is the Penny's Hill trademark, symbolising the art of winemaking as well as our passion for the work of local artists. With connotations of art culture at the centre of our brand, it seemed logical, and almost necessary, to include a gallery space at Penny's Hill.
The Red Dot Gallery spans the foyer and cellar door, through to The Kitchen Door restaurant. We invite browsing of the constantly changing works of art; a perfect accompaniment to our fine wine and food offering.
The current exhibition is by Gail Kellett, local McLaren Vale artist. Gail's original hand painted lino cut artwork reflect the diversity of the region in which she lives - rural and urban landscape, native flora and agricultural machinery.
The Kitchen Door Restaurant
Unfortunately due to Covid-19, The Kitchen Door restaurant has closed until further notice.